This is the most brilliant Christmas cake recipe ever. Proceed with caution and a large pinch of salt 😊.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 large brown eggs
- 2 cups of dried fruit
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- Lemon juice
- 1 bottle of whisky
- Sample the whisky to check for quality. Take a large bowl. Check the whisky again. To be sure it’s the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink. Repeat.
- Turn on the electric mixer, beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.
- Add one teaspoon of sugar and beat again. Make sure the whisky is still OK.
- Cry another tup. Tune up the mixer. Beat two leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit.
- Mix on the turner.
- If the fired druit gets stuck in the beaterers, pry it goose with a drewscriver.
- Sample the whisky to check for tonsisticity.
- Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Who cares?
- Check the whisky.
- Now sift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.
- Add one table. Spoon the sugar or something. Whatever you can find.
- Grease the oven. Turn the cake tin to 350 degrees.
- Don’t forget to beat off the turner.
- Throw the bowl out of the window. Check the whisky again and go to bed.
Stony Stratford is a wonderful place to escape to for staycation or work! If you’re thinking of staying in Milton Keynes and you want somewhere characterful, historically fascinating and tranquil with some irresistible jokes thrown in, do get in touch.